Saturday, March 14, 2009

In defense of my vice: cigar

Once in a while, I enjoy sitting outside on a warm afternoon with a great maduro.

Rolling single leaf cigars_Cuba 168 by hoyasmeg

Sitting in a small open air cafe in Miami. The air around me is damp, warm and well it has a sweet and distinct essence.

I look to the other site of the sidewalk to see an old man smoking a cigar with his coffee after lunch. He was sitting there, enjoying himself and relaxing in the spring afternoon.

Noticing the air around me getting stronger, I got up and walked down the street to and saw a store selling stogies and decided to walk in. Entering the door, I was immediately aroused at the blended scent of many different memories of my life. I walked into the humidor and began looking at the hundreds of different styles. Color, size, blends, strengths. So much to learn, so many different options.

Enjoying an occasional cigar reminds me of days gone by. It is a brief escape from the stress and pressures of business today and a reminder of the relaxing days to come as a reward for hard work through the tough times.

No comments: